Monday, September 19, 2011

European Legacy, Celebrating David Hume’s 300th Birthday


Special Edition of The European Legacy to Celebrate David Hume’s 300th Birthday:

I have been invited to put together a special edition of The European Legacy, published by Routledge, Taylor and Francis Group, commemorating the 300th anniversary of the birth of David Hume (1711 - 1776).

I am writing to invite submissions for consideration for this special edition on any aspect of Hume's life and/ or writings, which may include Hume's relation to other thinkers and to the Enlightenment. Papers can be up to 30 double - spaced pages, although shorter papers, 15-20 pages, would also be welcome.

At this stage, I require a paper title, and an abstract of approximately 150 words. I will need the completed paper by December 1, 2011. You should hear back from me within two months.

Proposals, abstracts, papers should be submitted to me electronically at stweyman@yorku.ca

Stanley Tweyman
York University
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M3J 1P3

No comments: