Monday, May 23, 2011

A Plea for Donations...

Hello colleagues, I know how compassionate and giving the philosophical community can be, so I thought I would ask directly for your help. As some of you may have seen on the news, my hometown of Joplin, MO (area population about 80,000) was virtually destroyed last night by a devastating tornado--three quarters of a mile wide at its zenith--which has left more than a hundred dead, many more missing, homeless, and wounded, and most of the city without power. My mother's home was destroyed (with my elderly grandmother in it, though no one was injured), and at least two of my close friends lost their homes as well. The scene is apocalyptic chaos. I would like to urge everyone in the philosophy community to help by going online or texting REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10. Please donate more if you can.

No comments: