The College of Wooster Philosophical Journal
CALL FOR PAPERS
Students Of the
College of Wooster
'Sapere Aude', as used in Immanuel Kant's Essay, "What is Enlightenment?" means 'Dare to Know.' This phrase exemplifies the mission of Sapere Aude. Our aim is to facilitate intellectual discovery by encouraging students to reason independently and to explore unfamiliar philosophical territory.
We invite undergraduate students to submit philosophical papers in all areas of philosophy. The papers should exhibit independent thought and exemplify a deep understanding of a philosophical issue.
Papers sent to Sapere Aude for consideration of inclusion must adhere to the following:
1) Each entry should be prepared for blind review and must have a title page containing the author’s name, college or university, and year. (No other identifier should be present within the paper).
2) All entries should be no longer than 20 pages and may include footnotes as a supplement to the text.
3) Paper format: one inch margins, double spaced, 12 pt. font, Times New Roman, and should adhere to an accepted style of citation.
4) All pages, except the title page, should be numbered.
5) All entries should be submitted as an electronic copy (.Doc only, please) to Sapere_aude@wooster.edu.
Please send any questions to Sapere_Aude@wooster.edu.
Deadline for Submission: January 15th, 2011