CALL FOR PAPERS
FOR APA CENTRAL DIVISION 2011 NANS PROGRAM
The Program Committee of North American Nietzsche Society invites
papers on all aspects of Nietzsche's philosophical thought for
presentation at one or more Society sessions to be held in conjunction
with the American Philosophical Association 2011 Central Division
meetings, to be held March 31 - April 2 in Minneapolis, at the Hilton
• Submitted papers will be blind-reviewed by the Program Committee,
and will be assessed in terms of their quality, interest, and
suitability for presentation.
• Authors are expected to be members of NANS, either at the time of
submission or by the time the program is held.
• Presentation time for each paper is to be no more than 25 minutes
(sufficient for reading approximately 12 normal manuscript pages).
Authors are therefore strongly encouraged to submit papers of no
greater length. Longer papers will be considered, but account will be
taken of whether they appear to admit readily of shortening or
• Submission of a paper constitutes a commitment by its author to
permit its publication in International Studies in Philosophy if it is
selected for presentation. Selected papers longer than 12 pages may
have to be published in shortened form.
• Since papers are to be blind-reviewed, the author's name (and
institution) should appear only on a separate cover page, and not on
the first or last page (or page headings) of the paper itself.
• The deadline for submissions is August 15th, 2010
Electronic Submission required. Send (preferably in .doc/.docx format)
• NANS Assistant: Matthew Rukgaber
Inquires can be directed to the NANS Assistant or the Executive
• Richard Schacht, Executive Director
Authors should follow the scheme of abbreviations for Nietzsche
citations found on the NANS
website [http://www.phil.uiuc.edu/nietzsche/nanscite.htm]. Citations
to other works should be in
the text in author-date format, as in the Chicago Manual of Style
(15th ed.), with a reference list
at the end of the work.
Visit the NANS website for more information, past programs, and membership form: