Florida Philosophical Association 56th Annual Meeting
Paper submissions are invited for the 56th annual meeting of the Florida Philosophical Association, to be held *November 4-6, 2010, in Daytona Beach* hosted by Bethune-Cookman University.
Program Coordinator: Dr. Brook J. Sadler (University of South Florida) firstname.lastname@example.org Local Organizer: Dr. Todd Bates (Bethune-Cookman University)
_*1. Regular Submissions*_
Submission deadline: AUGUST 25, 2010
• Papers in all areas of philosophy are welcome. • All papers should be prepared for blind refereeing. • Paper Length: Papers submitted for inclusion in the regular program should be limited to a reading time of 30 minutes, that is, approximately 12 double-spaced pages. Presentation time on the regular program is 45 minutes (30 minutes reading time and 15 minutes discussion).
• Please include a cover sheet with: Name, email address, affiliation, contact information, and paper title
• The cover sheet should also indicate if the paper is to be considered for publication in The Florida Philosophical Review and/or for the graduate student paper award as described below.
• Electronic submission of papers is requested. Papers in PDF, RTF, Word formats are preferred. Submissions should be sent to the Program Coordinator at: *FPA2010submit@gmail.com
• Please indicate “Submission” in the subject line of email submissions and attach two documents as follows: • Attachment 1: the paper (with title please) • Attachment 2: just the cover sheet. Please also paste the details from the cover sheet into the body of your email. • Postal paper submissions may be sent in triplicate with cover sheet to:
Professor Brook Sadler University of South Florida Department of Philosophy, 226-FAO 4202 East Fowler Avenue Tampa, Florida 33620
_*2. Graduate Paper Award Competition*_
Submission deadline: AUGUST 25, 2009
Graduate students submitting papers for the regular program may also elect to have their papers considered for the Outstanding Graduate Paper Award, and should so indicate on their cover page. The winning paper will be published in The Florida Philosophical Review and the author receives a monetary award. Only students at Florida colleges are eligible.
_*3. Undergraduate Paper Awards Competition*_
Submission Deadline: SEPTEMBER 13, 2010
Note that the submission deadline for the undergraduate awards competition is later than the general deadline for paper submissions.
Undergraduate students may submit papers for special award consideration. Eligible undergraduates should indicate which one of the following award competitions they are submitting for: • The Gerrit and Edith Schipper Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Philosophy Paper in a Four-Year College or University • The Outstanding Undergraduate Philosophy Paper in a Two-Year College Papers may be any length, but 15 double-spaced pages is recommended. The winning papers will be published in The Florida Philosophical Review and the authors will receive a monetary award. Only students at Florida colleges are eligible.