Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
The Nanoethics Research Group, the Center for Innovative Nanotechnology, and the Center for Ethics of Science and Technology, Chulalongkorn University, will organize an international workshop on "Nanoethics Asia" (NEA2009). The purpose of the Workshop is to stimulate and gather ground breaking research in all areas related to the ethical, social, cultural, and legal implications of what is broadly construed as "nanotechnology, " especially as these implications arise from within the contexts of Asia and other non- Western regions.
Call for Abstracts
Those who are interested in participating in the Workshop should submit an abstract of between 150 to 300 words to Mr Parkpume Vanichaka at firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts are accepted for considerations which consider the ethical, legal, social, cultural aspects of nanotechnology as well as other related technologies. Abstracts dealing with these issues in relation to the context of the developing country (not only in Asia) are especially welcome.
The following topics would be particularly suitable for the Workshop, though the list is not exhaustive:
- Human enhancement through nanotechnology
- Life extension
- Safety issues arising from nanomaterial
- Nanotechnology for development
- Legal and regulatory issues
- Last date for submission of abstract: 28 March 2009
- Notification of Acceptance: 30 April 2009
- Submission of full paper: 15 July 2009
- Workshop date: 26 – 28 August 2009