Call for Papers
University of Texas at Austin: 2009 Philosophy Graduate Conference
“Experience, Judgment, and Action”
Distinguished Keynotes: Peter Railton (Michigan) and Fred Dretske (Duke)
Keynotes: Mark Schroeder (USC) and David Barnett (UC Boulder)
We invite high quality papers in any area of contemporary philosophy. Authors of accepted papers will have approximately 25-30 minutes to present. Presentations will be followed by a short discussion period opened with a reply by a University of Texas at Austin graduate student. The conference will feature festivities in the evenings, including a conference party and other organized revelry.
The deadline for submissions is February 1, 2009.
Please prepare submissions in accordance with the following guidelines:
(1) Authors must be graduate (or post-graduate) students in philosophy. Co-authored papers will be considered so long as all authors are currently graduate (or post-graduate) students. Authors may submit no more than one paper for consideration.
(2) Papers must not exceed 4000 words and must be suitable for a 25-30 minute presentation.
(3) Papers must be prepared for blind review: please remove any and all potentially identifying information, such as author’s name, institutional affiliation, and personal acknowledgements.
(4) Papers must be accompanied by a separate cover page (i.e., included as a distinct document). On the cover page, please include: (a) paper title, (b) author’s name, (c) author’s institutional affiliation, (d) author’s e-mail address, (e) a word count, and (f) a short abstract of no more than 150 words.
(5) Please submit papers and cover pages as distinct e-mail attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although .pdf file format is preferred, .doc and .rtf file formats will be accepted as well.
Further information regarding the conference can be found at the conference website: